Thank You Message from Pat Boyle, Executive Director at Gateway Youth Outreach: Notre Dame Social Ministries and the parishioners of Notre Dame will be bringing joy to many children’s Holiday Spirit with a very generous donation of toys and gift cards made to Gateway Youth Outreach. The toys and cards donated will be utilized this coming […]
LAST DAYS FOR OUR CHRISTMAS PROJECTS
- Giving Tree: The last day we will be collecting for the 2017 giving tree is at the 12:05PM Mass on Monday December 11, 2017.
- Families Helping Families: Families who have signed up to participate in this program are asked to bring their bags of wrapped Christmas gifts by Monday December 18, 2017.
Thank you to all the families, parishioners and students who have participated in these Christmas programs. Through your participation in these programs you have taken on being Christ to others and in this way you have allowed the mystery of the incarnation to become a reality for others.
The Social Ministry Office is looking for volunteers in the following ministries. Virtus training, a background check and volunteer forms are necessary for all Notre Dame volunteers. If you are interested or would like more information please call our office at (516) 326-3404. We are looking for the following Volunteers.
- SUPPORT GROUP VOLUNTEERS: In preparation for next year we are looking for volunteers who has had experience in any of the following situations:
- Caregiving and elderly care
- Divorced and Separated
- Loss of a family member
This coming year we are looking at expanding some of our support programs and developing some new ones. If you have experience in any of these situations and would like to consider facilitating our existing or developing support groups please contact the social ministry office. We will be offering training for anyone who would like to be part of this aspect of our ministry.
- DRIVING MINISTRY: We currently have a dedicated team of volunteers who take our seniors to medical appointments and to deliver food to the homebound community on a regular basis. We would truly appreciate any time you might be able to give to this worthwhile ministry. Your commitment would be totally according to your schedule.
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY: Our Social Ministry handles the website for the parish community and presently we are looking for any parishioner who has the time to help us update the website information, social media promotion and possibly develop an e-communication platform to our parish community and ministries. If you have I/T talents and would like to offer your time for this please contact the social ministry office.
PSM OFFICE HOURS
The Social Ministry Office hours are from Monday through Thursday from 9am to 4pm. Wednesday evenings we will be open till 8:00pm and Sunday we will be open from 1:00pm to 5:00pm. We continue to be located at 1 Aberdeen Road. If you know anyone in need please have them call for an appointment at (516) 326-3403.
Toiletries, Cookies and Snacks
Thank you for your continued generosity!
Every year since Pope Paul VI began the tradition in 1968 the Holy Father has offered an annual World Day of Peace message on the beginning of the year. This year Pope Francis offers the message to migrants and refugees as men and women in search of peace. The message highlights a social concern for […]
(the Following excerpt came from the Crux article: “Pope Francis is praying for grandparents this December” In his prayer video for the month of December, Pope Francis prays for grandparents and the elderly, urging people to respect and support them, that their wisdom may continue to be passed down to new generations. “A people that […]
Each year at Christmas we are reminded of the deep and abiding love our God has for us. It is a happy time, a time of joy and hope. There are many people who need your support during this season of caring. We invite you to participate in the Parish’s yearly mission of distributing Christmas […]
While many recall the American legend of the first Thanksgiving meal between the pilgrims and the indigenous community the historical origins of Thanksgiving offers an even greater social lesson for us. In 1863, in the midst of the Civil War, Abraham Lincoln put forth a proclamation to establish the first national day of Thanksgiving. This […]
November 19th is the annual USCCB collection for the Catholic Campaign for Human Development (CCHD). CCHD is an amazing program that sponsors economic and social development projects in the poorer areas of the United States. Please watch this short video to see how CCHD helps struggling communities in our nation. As of right now we […]
A few months ago the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) announced the establishment of an Ad Hoc Committee Against Racism which is headed by Bishop George V. Murry, SJ of Youngstown, Ohio. The President of the USCCB offered this statement with regards to the work of this new committee. The new ad hoc […]
Our parish has a St. Vincent DePaul Society Conference. The Conference organizes a food drive at our parish on the first Sunday of every month. Through the conference we have access to other financial resources that can help members of the community who have emergency needs. The central St. Vincent DePaul council trains local conference […]
The USCCB is promoting their Respect Life resources during the month of October which is being observed as Respect Life Month. Cardinal Dolan of the Archdiocese of New York Offered the following statement Building a culture of life isn’t something we just do one month of the year, or with one event or initiative—it’s essential […]
Rainbows is a support group for children who have suffered a significant loss in their lives either by death, by divorce or any other painful transition. The Rainbows program provides these children with the opportunity to meet new friends who have shared similar experiences. Volunteers are trained through Rainbows to be caring adults who are present […]